The words I picked were skylight, climb, and loud. I also added the two words water and blue.
I was really excited for this projects and had so many ideas. For this project I asked my roommate’s boyfriend, Nick, to model for me. I filled up my bath tub, added blue food coloring to make the color more vibrant without having to make too many edits, and added paint to his face and hands. I used a LED light straight above the tub and made sure I used the gold reflector to make it warm, this is my skylight. I asked Nick to act as if he were trying to get out from under the water like he was drowning, hence his hands looking like he was climbing. He also screamed to add the loud feature. I had so Much fun with this project and I’m so happy with the way it turned out. I added another image to the picture, of the water, and masked out around Nick, so that instead of looking like he was in a bathtub,it seemed like a larger body of water.
My settings were 1/80 sec. f/4.5 28mm ISO 400 with flash on my Canon Rebel T6i
Fine Art Presentation Video
I really enjoyed getting to see my work be printed. I really loved this photo. I took this at Bannack in the Hotel with Ariana dressed as the Native American. I used the light coming in from the window and the lighting that we used from our equipment to get the shadows. We asked Ariana to dance around an we were all having fun and I got this shot. I didn’t edit too much because I really like the mystery in the photo. I used the dodge tool to brighten up the red, and the fox scarf that she was wearing. I also used the burn tool to make the shadows more dramatic, and added a vignette filter to enhance her as he focal point. I really love this photo and I am very proud of it. I’m glad I get to share it with the class.Below is the image before my edits.
- Description: A spiritual poster depicting Christ
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, Steps taken while designing):Photo shop was used. I started by opening the picture of Christ. I then added a picture of waves ad used the masking tool to blend it with Christ. I then added another picture of wave and repeated the masking steps. To finish it off i used the brush tool and blended the blue in the waves with the rest of the picture.
- Message: The waves blend into Christ’s face and the message “be still” is describing how, with Him, we can be calm and our trials will ease.
- Audience: All audiences.
- Top Thing Learned: I really like the masking tool and I played around with this project a lot. My draft was a completely different picture and design, but once I got a hang of the tools and program, I got inspired to do something else.
- Filter / Colorization used and where it was applied: I used the brush tool and matched a few colors in the waves to blend them into Christ’s face.
- Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic color scheme and the color was blue.
- Title Font Name & Category: Fira sans hair in the sans serif category
- Copy Font Name & Category: no body text
- Thumbnails of Images used:
- Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site): wave1: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjR3ZLyuf7MAhUK8WMKHfAwBSkQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediavida.com%2Fforo%2Ffeda%2Fhilo-imagenes-increibles-432341%2F284&psig=AFQjCNFJcTztLVByqOwAQ3L0A_GtUlFvjw&ust=1464582699166947